Getting desperate here as there's no response from support even after escalation.
Since upgrading our virtual appliance license to 25,000 users, performance is slow and clients randomly disconnect. Issue is not bandwidth related as we have dual 200Mbps links and max user connections are around 225 users.
Does anyone have any insight? The only changes were changing CPU count from 2 to 4 and adding license key.
Did you get a solution for this?
We are experiencing exact the same issues.
Same here, escalated to support ths afternoon but nothing heard back yet.
We found that when the logged on user amount drops below 130 the ping loss is gone. We have deployed a new appliance besides the current one, but we are not very keen of migrating now everyone is using the VPN capabilities full throttle and there is a high risk of outage.
We are using primarily Dell Latitude 5xxx laptops with Windows 10 x64.
What version of Pulse are you using in the clients and server?
Did you try a firmware upgrade yet? We tried that, but it did not help.
Hi - In my experience in such cases the cieling/limit that you are probably hiting is the throughput limitations of the PCS solution (not throughput limitations of your circuits but limits of the PCS software)
What are the throughput rates you see on PCS when issues manifest and how does CPU/memory of PCS look during those time intervals?
While you troubleshoot one tip is to try and use the L3 VPN access method only. Rewriter, sam, html5 etc are nice but in a situation where you want the most optimal throughput performance switch your users to L3 VPN access method as that is the most optimal and that is what pulse uses in its performance testing when they want to publish max number of users/throughput supported by a platform.
Hope the problem is resolved soon.
Thanks for the feedback.
We are using L3 with ESP, yes. The problem is not disconnects but heavy ping loss and very slow performance for the end user when we hit more than 125 concurrent connections. We have upgraded from a PSA3000-V to a PSA5000-V by adding a new license and upgrading virtual hardware to 4 cores and 8 GB of RAM. But it seems almost like adding the license left the appliance still stuck in a capped user state as if it still was a 3000 series. The VMware stack is not an issue, the graphs show barely a rise in the load since the problems started.
We have escalated it with support now and I will give feedback to you when we make progress.