cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistant Storage is full

Contributor

Persistant Storage is full

Hi,

last week we were running into the "Persistant Storage is full" Problem, described in
http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB20495

I am wondering, that the logmessage appears only when the problem occured and it«s to late to do some action, before the system gets in the "hold" state.

Indeed you have no chance to monitor the "State Storage" Counter and you have to rollback or "factory reset" the systems to get it back running.

Does anyone has an idea how to monitor the "State Storage" Counter, which only appears in the "System - Overview - GUI" or is there any thresshold you can configure, that a logmessage is created when the "State Storage" reaches e.g. 80%.

thx in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: Persistant Storage is full

Currently, there is no way to set an SMTP trap on this value.  We plan to provide this in a future release to help better monitor the system and help avoid this issue.  The best recommendation is to configure User Record Management to avoid the build up of user records which usually consume a large portion of the cache over time.

Highlighted
Contributor

thx for the feedback

> We plan to provide this in a future release to help better monitor the system and help avoid this issue

any ideas when this feature will be implemented

> The best recommendation is to configure User Record Management to avoid
> the build up of user records which usually consume a large portion of the cache over time

do you mean to configure a "Persistent user records limit" and "Enable automatic deletion of user records periodically" at "External User Records Management"

thx for more detailed info

Valued Contributor

At this moment, I do not have an ETA I can provide to you, but we are currently discussing possible solutions to help prevent and provide further notification when the cache size is too large.

Yes, I am referring to both options under External User Records Management.

If you have any further questions, please post to our new forum at https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure

I can't comment on when/if it will be supported; but yes, the user records management feature with a maximum record limit and automatic purging