Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent screen capture from session?

papageno_
Contributor

Prevent screen capture from session?

Hi all

I am migrating an existing secure access deployment from BluecoatRA to IVE.  The BluecoatRA system is configured  to prevent users taking a screen capture during a session, and the customer expects this in the new solution.  Is there any way to do this?

The applications to be delivered are simple Windows Terminal Services, and we can prevent the copying of information from the server host with configuration on the server, but it doesn't prevent a user taking a screen snapshot locally on the client.  Any way to stop this using the SA?

Any help gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Prevent screen capture from session?

No, this cannot be done.
You can test with SVW to see if this provides the granularity desired
papageno_
Contributor

Many thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. To be honest, I'd never come across SVW before, so I've tried to get it running on my DTE installation, just to see what it can do. It looks promising, but there seems to be only very limited documentation and guidance on how to set it up. 

I've configured it so that the SVW is applied on user login, and this triggers SVW to start.  However, you get asked to log in again from inside the SVW - is this normal.  Once logged in, you can still execute the Windows terminal server session from your own desktop (as well as from inside the SVW). 

Any hints would be welcome.  Is there anything more than the SA Admin Guides?

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You shouldn't see the login screen on the main desktop; if you do, you have it configured for evaluation at the realm and that is not supported/recommended. SVW is required to be set as required and enforced (for best experienced) on the realm.
If you allow switching between the real and virtual desktops AND you allow login before the SVW policy applies (or don't have the .svwactive policy as requires for the role), yes, you will have full access to the options.

What type if additional info are you looking for beyond the admin guide?
papageno_
Contributor

Hi Zanyterp

Many thanks for the helpful response, which hit the nail right on the head.

I now have it configured correctly and everything works fine, including suppression of screen capture.  (I've tried using the Windows PrtSc key, plus a couple of frame grabbers, and none works.)

Many thanks again.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You are welcome; glad it works successfully for you.