Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority users

SOLVED
codflanglers_
Occasional Contributor

Priority users

I've not seen it in the current config we have, but is it possible to have a list of priority users set up? For example, if you had a 1000 user licence on an SA6500 and a priority user tries to log in as 1001, that their session would log a non-priority user off and allow them access?

Not sure if it's possible, hence the question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Priority users

Thanks for the kind words - yes it will most certainly take a bite out of your user count. Using the gaurenteed minimum is the same as having a user logged in. That license is "reserved" for that realm. But no other option exists to meet his desired requirement. And I will happily take a kudo from you for the idea Smiley Happy
Message Edited by muttbarker on 07-21-2009 10:35 AM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Well - what you are asking for is not directly possible. You could play around with the Guaranteed minimum value on a realm. This can be used to make sure that certain realms get priority over others.User Realms / General / Limits.
Message Edited by muttbarker on 07-21-2009 06:13 AM
Mrkool_
Super Contributor

very intersting thought so you deserve a kudos just for that Smiley Happy

Kevin,

From what i understand are you saying to divide the number of licenses between realms and keep a little in guranteed minimum? Won't this approach take a bite out of your overall license count?

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the kind words - yes it will most certainly take a bite out of your user count. Using the gaurenteed minimum is the same as having a user logged in. That license is "reserved" for that realm. But no other option exists to meet his desired requirement. And I will happily take a kudo from you for the idea Smiley Happy
Message Edited by muttbarker on 07-21-2009 10:35 AM