cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using MS SQL Server Reporting Services via Juniper SA2500

tbit_
New Contributor

Problems using MS SQL Server Reporting Services via Juniper SA2500

We have an environment where we run SQL Server (2008 R2) RS application via SAÕs web based access. Application starts ok and report comes ok. When we try came back from report to applications main menu (using applicationÕs or browserÕs back button), we got the following error: Access to the Web site is blocked by your administrator. Please notify your system administrator. Made http request for GET /ReportServer?%2fCompanyReports%2fXXX HTTP/1.1 to server1:80Ó Browser url: https://xxx.yyy.zzz/,DanaInfo=server1+ReportServer?%2fCompanyReports%2fXXXÓ When we run RS application locally (using remote desktop via Juniper), it works fine. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Br. Epe
5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Problems using MS SQL Server Reporting Services via Juniper SA2500

Is the initial connection on port 80? Are both server1 and server1.domain.com specified in your web ACL?

If you run a policy trace on web access, what is the URL it is denying against? Does that same URL show up above?

tbit_
New Contributor

thanks!

I think I figured it out...

we use IP addresses to connect (we have different domains). the web site in question has domain names coded to the links/pages that you can access. Can't resolve hostname...

any way possible to make a sort of host table to this particular profile?

-eero

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You can't do it for just a single location; however, you can set it on the device itself for global use. The hosts file is at System>Network>Hosts

Any IP/name combination here will be used for lookup

MadNote_
Not applicable

Since this is the only thing that came up on my Google search I thought I would leave some info about an authentication issue I had.  In Reporting Services 2008 I had to edit the rsreportserver.config file to use BasicAuthentication.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281309.aspx  An Example:

<AuthenticationTypes>

<RSWindowsBasic>

<DefaultDomain>My-Domain.lan</DefaultDomain>

</RSWindowsBasic>

<!-- <RSWindowsNegotiate/> -->

<!-- <RSWindowsNTLM/> -->

</AuthenticationTypes>

I then could also pass my AD credentials through Juniper to RS using basic and all was well.  After testing and trial and error this was the only way I could get it to work.  Hope this helps somebody.

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi,

You can add the host entries under system-->network-->hosts on the SA's admin page

Regards,

Jay