cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Juniper Network Connect, version 6.4.0.14619

silkdivision_
New Contributor

Problems with the Juniper Network Connect, version 6.4.0.14619

Hello all, I need to connect to the network for my job, and ever since I got my new computer with windows 7, that seems to be impossible... I have a 64 bit system. I tried everything I could think of, including disabling the firewall and I checked all the settings. The window pops up and after roughly half a minute it gives me the following message: nc.windows.app.23712. If you type that into google, you get all kinds of advice and I tried everything I could find, it still times out. Apparently some co-workers can connect with it, while some others can't... I suspect that it has to do with the fact that mine is a 64 bit. I'm at the end of my wits. I posted a question on the microsoft page and I got the answer that 6.4 versions are not supported yet... but 6.5 versions are. The company I work for apparently hasn't upgraded that yet... Is Juniper working on making 6.4 compatible with w7 64 bit?

3 REPLIES 3
cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

Re: Problems with the Juniper Network Connect, version 6.4.0.14619

No, there will not be support for Windows 7 32/64 bit on 6.4 releases.

Per our supported platforms guide: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/SA-SupportedPlatforms-65.pdf

in 6.5r2 and higher we support Windows 7 32/64 bit.

silkdivision_
New Contributor

Thanks, so there's no way windows 7 is gonna work with 6.4? No adjustments to be made?

cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

6.4 was released before Windows 7 was, so it was never tested. Some componets might work in 6.4, but it isnt likely. There isnt anything you can configure to make it work; You'll need to upgrade the IVE to 6.5r2 or higher.