Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing MS Web Enrollment separate from the CA server produces RPC error

SteveCathersal_
New Contributor

Publishing MS Web Enrollment separate from the CA server produces RPC error

Dear Experts,

I have set up a test environment where I have a Microsoft enterprise CA running on server 2008 R2. On that same machine, I have installed the Web Enrollment role. I can publish this to our SA4500 SSL/VPN and everything works great.

However, in production, Security made us Separate the Web Enrollment from the backend enterprise CA server. I have everything working from internal workstations with this configuration. Users can request and receive certs from the web enrollment page without issues. However, when I publish the production Web enrollment page on the juniper and attempt to request a certificate, I get the following error:

Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Request Mode:

newreq - New Request

Disposition:

(never set)

Disposition message:

(none)

Result:

The RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba (WIN32: 1722)

COM Error Info:

CCertRequest:Smiley Frustratedubmit: The RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba (WIN32: 1722)

LastStatus:

The operation completed successfully. 0x0 (WIN32: 0)

Suggested Cause:

This error can occur if the Certification Authority Service has not been started.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Note that I have already installed the re-writing filter mentioned in this article:

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16368&cat=SSL_VPN_IVE_OS&actp=LIST&smlo...

Thanks!

Steve

_