cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Connect Secure SNMP Traps (PORT 161 UNREACHABLE)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pulse Connect Secure SNMP Traps (PORT 161 UNREACHABLE)

Has anyone had difficulty getting traps to work between Connect Secure and Solarwinds?

I apologize if this ends up being a trap receiver issue, but ... I have a variety of products sending traps with no issue (on port 161), yet with Connect Secure nothing is getting through the trap receiver giving a "Port Unreachable" error back to Connect Secure.

I did not import the MIBS (I'm not 100% if that matters). Pulse Secure says (on the SNMP setup . "You must download the Pulse Secure MIB file and install it in your SNMP manager application to monitor the device." but I cannot import the MIBS. Does this mean traps will never work with Solarwinds?

I took a trace off the trap receiver and I see the trap come in, but the trap receiver is responding back to Pulse Connect saying Port Unreachable (161).

I'm hoping some ran into this, or perhaps has some advice .. running into walls here trying to figure it out right now.
4 REPLIES 4
Pulser

Re: Pulse Connect Secure SNMP Traps (PORT 161 UNREACHABLE)

Can you check if your snmp manager is listening on port 162 for snmp traps? (IIRC port 162 is the default for traps)
Highlighted
New Contributor

thank you

I believe it is, but I have no good way of verifying it other than saying all other devices are successfully being picked up by Orion. If there is a way to change the listening port on solarwinds I would love to see it.

(I wouldn't change it but still would love to see the setup info).

doing a netstat on the server confirms it ( I believe?)

[code]
netstat -an

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

UDP 0.0.0.0:162 *:*
Highlighted
New Contributor

ugh.. I wish you could edit posts.. this is what I meant to show..

UDP 0.0.0.0:162 *:*
UDP [::]:162 *:*
Highlighted
Pulser

>>>"but the trap receiver is responding back to Pulse Connect saying Port Unreachable (161)."

Based on your post above the trap receiver config on the SNMP settings page of Connect Secure gateway should use port 162. Can you check that it is set to 162 and not 161?