cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Connect on Mac 10.11 Error:1130

New Contributor

Pulse Connect on Mac 10.11 Error:1130

Hello folks,

When trying to connect to my company's VPN using Pulse Secure 5.1.5 on El Capitan 10.11 I'm getting the message below:

[code]
Connection Error.

Unable to load access method. (Error:1130)

The access method failed to initialize properly. This could be caused by attempting to connect to multiple remote access devices simultaneously
[/code]

When trying over browser (Safari 9.1.1, Chrome 50.X, Chromium 42.X) the option "Network Connect" doesn't appear under "Client Application Sessions", as it does if I use a Windows machine.

Is there any additional server-side configuration to do in order to make it work on a Mac?

Thank you very much
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

Re: Pulse Connect on Mac 10.11 Error:1130

Hi, same issue here. I have no clue how to solve it.

If you are not seeing Network Connect or Pulse Secure on your role when you login, that could cause the issue.
Are you connecting to a PCS (SA, IVE, MAG) or an SRX?
New Contributor

It's a PCS.

Now that you mentioned it, is it possible that my role only allows login from a specific machine (corporate Windows, for instance) ?

Thanks

Thank you for confirming.
Yes, it is possible to configure the role such that only corporate machines, any OS, can login.
I would recommend checking with your admin (or if you are the admin, run a policy trace on your username & see what happens between the two scenarios)
New Contributor

IT guys said that they allow access for corporate machines, for security reasons.

Guess that's it.

Thank you all
Highlighted
Pulser

Via TAC,

Please refer to the below KB articles, hope this helps !!

https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB40014/
https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB28810/

-Starting with Mac OS X 10.9 and above, Network Connect is no longer supported
-Also can you check if WSAM is enabled under the User Role that is been obtained for the MAC users -- Go the User role that the MAC user is obtaining -- Under General -- Check if WSAM feature is enabled. If so disable the WSAM feature and check if you are able to login.

Note: If you are getting mutiple roles -- Make sure the WSAM is disabled on all the roles that they are obtaining and check if it helps

Regards,
Manoj Baskaran

You are welcome; glad a solution was identified (though sorry it was not what you were probably looking for).