Does someong have already tested this new version in production and/or lab?
Are any new feature which worth to migrate quickly on this new system?
I appreciate that google chrome is now a supported platform
According to release notes, network connect is not supported on Mac OS-X 10.9. Is there any plan to support "network connect" on the newest OS-X platform?
I am glad to see Chrome also being added for support.
I think they are ditching NC on MAC X all together due to JAVA issues. I wish we had known this a little ahead of time as we are totally NC and have some MAC users that can't connect without manually loading Pulse. When it is manually loaded on OSX it works great however now we should move to Pulse globally and that wasn't in the plans....
Here is my users expeirence issue lists.
IE11 on Windows 8 system showed graphical issues when using Webconnect.
Solution: Under Internet Options/Advanced check the box for Use software rendering..
Alternatively upgrade the video driver on the client workstation.
IE11 on all Windows Platforms will not load the ActiveX control. The system will fall back to the Java client.
Solution: Ensure that Java is installed on workstations that have IE11.
OSX 10.7 and greater default to only allowing the installation of applications signed by the Apple store. This prevents the Juniper client from installing by default. To install the VPN client you will need to make the following client changes.
Solution: Security and Privacy Settings, "Allow applications downloaded from" should be set to "Anywhere
Safari 7.0 implements tightened browser plugin security. These changes interfere with the use of VPN. Please make the following changes to fix the issues.
Solution: Use Safari to browse to the vpn.adtran.com. Log in and attempt to deploy Pulse. This will not work but will create an entry we will modify later.
Open Safari Preferences, click the Security tab and choose "Manage Website Settings..." next to the Internet Plug-ins checkbox.
Click on Java and find the SA/IC URL listed on the right column. Change the pulldown for that listing to "Run in unsafe mode"
Here is Juniper official statement in relation to all known issues with Maverick and Safari 7:
I cribed much of my user statement from that doc, with attributation of course. The only oddity we have had cropped up in our test so far as been my windwos 8.1 laptop. It started as Win8 Enterprise. I loaded Pulse client ver 4r5 and that resulted in the network stack failing. No IP connectivity. I then removed pulse client and installed Network Connect and all worked. Later I installed Pulse 4r6 and it was funcitonal. I then upgraded to 8.1. From there my system developed severe networking issues. I removed all Juniper clients and used netsh to reset the IP and Winsock. That got me back functional. I then loaded version 5 pulse client from r8.0r1 and it caused a Bluescreen and reboot. I worked through the registry and found many of hte Juniper keys had an unkonwn SID with permission but not System or Trusted Installer. I tried taking ownership and deleting these keys. On reinstall of Pulse 5 I no longer got a bluescreen but the network stack would no longer work. Also I couldn't remove the Junos client as it hadn't registered in Programs and Features. I pulled out the miniport drivers via device manager and was able to get the network back. I then reinstalled win 8.1 fresh and have not had problems since.
Is this in relation to your Surface Pro thread? I have not heard of any issues with Windows 8.1 besides running on Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2.
Yes. Pulse client 4r6 was installed on Windows v8. Upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 caused a networks stack failure. Installing Pulse 5.0r1 on Windows 8.1 woudl cause a bluescreen and reboot. I had to re install Windows 8.1 before Pulse client 5.0r1 would install and function.
I think I have found another issue with r8.0. We have a split tunneling rule with a detailed rule set. 10.10.10.0 and 10.10.20.0 are both denied. 10.0.0.0/8 is then allowed in the detailed rule. Since 8.0r1 the detailed rule set doesn't seem to be evaluating. I broke to rule into a Deny rule followed by a seperate Allow rule and that fixed my issue.