cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure Audio files on internal resource?

Occasional Contributor

Pulse Secure Audio files on internal resource?

Hey

i have an internal web based planning system tool which we made accessable through our Pulse Secure. So far so good. In the planning system tool the users have the possibility to play audio files which are stored on an internal file resource server.

For internal users it works fine, but for the external users connected trough the Pulse Secure no audio file can be played from the intenal media share

What i have done is, create a web based policy for the planning tool and create a Windows file access policy for the media share resource.

So if i do a mouse over to the Audio file link in the web based planning tool, i see only a web URL with blank.html at the end. Not the media share link like file://server/share/audio.mp3

My question is, how can i make these files accessable so that the external user can play the Audio files?

Best regards
MeerSehn
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure Audio files on internal resource?

Have you enabled file share rewriting? Role > > Web Options > View Advanced options
Rewrite file:// URLs
file:// URLs get rewritten so files can be downloaded using Windows file browsing.
Occasional Contributor

Hey Filbert,

thanks for your answer, but i can´t find this option on our PCS Cluster, we havae here two MAG-SM160.

Best regards
MeerSehn
Highlighted
Contributor

First open the Role that is being used, then go to the Web Tab for that Role. You should see a link under that for Bookmarks and Options. Go to Options, then go to View Advanced Options. Or see page 508 in the 8.1 Admin guide. Hope this helps.
Occasional Contributor

ah ok, now i found it...Thanks....i enabled this Option but every link is still rewritten like this one

Audio

and href should Point to our internal media Server, but i still does not. Any other ideas?

Occasional Contributor

(((Audio)))

Occasional Contributor

aah i can´t write what i mean.....so every link is still rewritten like ahref is /dana-cached/help/blank.html

Can you try a don't rewrite with don't redirect policy?
Trying to play embedded files like that is not supported, I believe. Can you check the content intermediation guide [https://www.pulsesecure.net/download/techpubs/current/601/pulse-connect-secure/pcs/8.2rx/ps-pcs-sa-8.2-cie-best-practices.pdf]to compare what you are doing to what is supported?
Not applicable

Hi,
did you get a solution about this problem?
Regards,