cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure Connect crashes Java and fails to download and then run on Vista64

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pulse Secure Connect crashes Java and fails to download and then run on Vista64

JuniperSetupClientInstaller.exe identifies itself as 8.1.4.60331 created 2/16/2016 and when I try running it from Firefox it crashes with a "failed to download" error. Saving to the local drive and running it shows "completed" immediately without installing, and then it doesn't work on the vpn page it is supposed to since that fails to detect the load but wants to download it all over again. Uninstalling all Pulse Secure software and trying again goes through a quick unpacking of components, but then the result is still the "completed" window that doesn't work. On one try the data execution prevention was activated, so I turned that off for this file but that still doesn't make this install work on Vista 64-bit home premium. Firefox and Java are the latest, updated multiple times. Cleared cache, rebooted, but that doesn't work. Run as administrator doesn't work either. This started to fail by Fall of 2015 and local IS was not able to fix it but simply recommended a Windows 7 or newer computer. Before this failed, prior versions have worked on this computer for many years.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Pulse Secure Connect crashes Java and fails to download and then run on Vista64

Unfortunately, we have seen similar behavior with firefox off and on over the years. Do you know what version of software is currently being used? Do you still see the same behavior?
Does IE work successfully (since it does not use Java)?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure Connect crashes Java and fails to download and then run on Vista64

IE does not work at all. I get a popup "Windows has found a problem with this file." PulseSetupClient.cab with Unknown Publisher because the file does not have a valid digital signature. So for my setup IE is broken and Firefox had the problem listed above. Firefox behavior has changed to an install with a .msi file, but after installing it now has a "Failed to contact server. Please check your network connection and try again." So both major browsers are still broken and won't even get to the vpn login page.
Highlighted

Do you know what version of server software is being used (or client)? The certificate used did expire and that may have an impact (apart from the other issue previously reported). Another possible concern is if the browser/OS combination does not like the upgraded certificate that is used.
unfortunately, we are not aware of any issue with Vista