Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure can connect only once when using Mac OS Sierra

Highlighted
Not applicable

Pulse Secure can connect only once when using Mac OS Sierra

Hardware: iMac, 16 GB RAM,
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Pulse Version: Pulse Secure 5.2.5 (869)

1. Sign in to the VPN with Pulse Secure.
2. The system works perfectly.
3. Disconnect Pulse Secure
4. Pulse Secure window says "Disconnecting" and does not change.
5. Try to reconnect but cannot do so.
6. Internet connection (wireless) fails at the same time as 4.
7. Shut down Pulse Secure.
8. Turn off WiFi.
9. Turn on WiFi.
10. This MAY fix the problem. It is hit and miss. That is, WiFi and Internet connection may now work and can reconnect using Pulse Secure.
11. If this does not work the system must be rebooted to restore WiFi and Internet connection.
12. Go to 1. (That is, start the whole process again.)

This is repeatable. That is the above sequence happens all the time.

One other note: If Pulse Secure has disabled the WiFi it will instantly be fixed if I drag Pulse Secure to the Trash. (No turning WiFi off and on or reboot is required.) As soon as Pulse Secure has been removed from my system WiFi will be instantly fixed.

I have contacted IT support and they have not been able to fix the problem. They suggested I file a bug report with you.

I am not the only person reporting this. See https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/51184
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Pulse Secure can connect only once when using Mac OS Sierra

Hello HWalen,

If the Pulse client stays in disconnecting for several minutes on macOS, we have identified and root caused this issue (PRS-347695). The following issue can be resolved with the following workarounds:

1. Download and install the standalone Pulse client 5.2RX.
2. Upgrading the PCS device to the latest 8.2RX code. This will ensure the endpoint are installing the latest 8.2RX setup client compatible with the Pulse 5.2RX client. Note: This would involve the PCS administrator to upgrade the software on the PCS device.

Pulse Secure is working to resolve this issue within the 8.1RX code and should have this resolved in a future release.
Not applicable

Re: Pulse Secure can connect only once when using Mac OS Sierra

Is there any further update with this? I can still replicate the issue on my end and would like a working solution if possible.