cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse V4 Win 8 sign in option

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pulse V4 Win 8 sign in option

Hi, sInce installing pulse v4 we have seen a change in the windows sign in profiles on boot.  Previously the domain sign in profile was the primary.  Since the install the Windows profile is primary (requiring email address as username).  We would like the domain\pulse profile to always be the primary logon.  Has anyone else experienced this and have a work around?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Pulse V4 Win 8 sign in option

Hi,

Could you please attach some screenshots about the issue.

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

There is no configurable option on the IVE to change this.It might be windows behavior or it might need a design change in Puse to accomplish this.

Is it possible for you to raise a cas with JTAC to confirm this.

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots.

Are you using credential provider and do you want pulse tunnel to establish whenever user logs into the machine using the domain logon with the small pulse icon embedded.

When credential provider is enabled on the Juniper, it will give user 2 options , sign into the domain without pulse or sign in and launch Pulse tunnel(when entering credentials in the logon screen with small pulse icon embedded)

Are you stating that you prefer the logon screen with small pulse icon embedded to be the default login rather than the windows domain login.

I think it is by design. If user is at Office, he/she will not need to launch Pulse normally as they are already inside the LAN so they will log in with the domain logon but when user is at home, they will use the Pulse login to launch the tunnel which is the use case.

Thanks,

Jay

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Jay, many thanks for the response!

'When credential provider is enabled on the Juniper, it will give user 2 options , sign into the domain without pulse or sign in and launch Pulse tunnel(when entering credentials in the logon screen with small pulse icon embedded)'

Yes we are using credential provider.  At the logon screen in windows we have 2 signin options. The first and default unfortunately is window ID that requires a windows account.  The 2nd, and always required is the domain signin with the Juniper icon embedded.  This is the preferred option for logon.  Location awareness under this profile will detect if the client is on domain.  If it is then pulse will not start, if it detects it is not on the domain it will fire up  pulse automatically with the windows domain logon credentials and signin seamlessly to the network.  This all works OK.  The problem is that I don't want the windows ID logon to be the primary after a reboot as everytime users reboot they will have to go through an unnecessary logon step of clicking on the signin options link, the selecting the domain\embedded pulse signin, then logging on.

'Are you stating that you prefer the logon screen with small pulse icon embedded to be the default login rather than the windows domain login'.

Yes we would like the logon screen with the small pulse icon to be the default logon.  This is the only domain logon anyway so would be needed both on and off the network.  The other logon seems to be like a windows live logon that is demanding an email address as a logon. 

I think it is by design. If user is at Office, he/she will not need to launch Pulse normally as they are already inside the LAN so they will log in with the domain logon but when user is at home, they will use the Pulse login to launch the tunnel which is the use case.

It is the case that when in the office we will not need to logon to the pulse.  This automatically happens though with location awareness within the same logon (domain with embedded pulse icon).  When the Domain DNS servers are detected pulse is not started.  If they DNS servers are unreachable then pulse is fired up and connects.

I hope all this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I have attached 3 photos of my login screens (this happens before I am logged in).

The jpg called default screen view when pulse installed.jpg shows the screen we are presented after every reboot.  For ease of use for users this will never be used so we would like to be presented with the screen domain sign in profile.jpg instead.  When pulse is uninstalled we see the correct behavior but as soon as pulse installed it reverts to the Microsoft login as the default.  I can't find where to correct this but assume the Juniper pulse client is altering something in the logon setting so it can work.