cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse client for Symbian ^3

tomn8r_
Not applicable

Pulse client for Symbian ^3

What is the expected release date (if any) for a Pulse client for Symbian ^3?

I have a new Nokia N8 and Im not afraid to use it!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Mrkool_
Super Contributor

Re: Pulse client for Symbian ^3

Everyone is still waiting for the Android client and they are the Mobile OS leaders according to the latest polls. I highly doubt there will ever be a symbian client.

ccarson_
New Contributor

According to various bits of documentation, there was supposed to be a Symbian client released in late November - I can't find the reference to this date now, but the Symbian client is referenced in the Pulse Integration guide here as if it is already available. And as you have likely seen, there are video previews of it dating back to April or so.

I did have a case open with TAC for a Nokia-SA vpn, there is some unofficial documentation on creating a cert based IKEv2 VPN to the SA using the Nokia Mobile VPN software, but after a few days of playing with this, I could never make it work. However, this was using an E72 which it is unclear whether IKEv2 is fully supported on.

Really hoping this sees the light of day as full socket VPN connectivity for Android doesn't seem to be high on the dev list here at google.

Kevin Petersons blog is a good source for updates on what is coming out for Pulse.

ccarson_
New Contributor

This doc references the November release for Symbian (S60 3rd & 5th editions).