cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse secure does not recognize McAfee Total protection. (Win7pro, McAfee ver 14.0, Rel 14.0 R10)

New Contributor

Pulse secure does not recognize McAfee Total protection. (Win7pro, McAfee ver 14.0, Rel 14.0 R10)

Everything worked perfectly till the day before to renew my McAfee subscription.

I started to get the message "Host Checker did not get installed properly. Your computer does not meet the security requirements".

After pressing Try Again, I got message bellow..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your computer's security is unsatisfactory

Your computer does not meet the following security requirements. Please follow the instructions below to fix these problems. When you are done click Try again

1. McAfee

Reasons: Anti-Virus software listed in security requirements is not installed.

2. AV without McAfee

3. Virus Checker

Required process not found

------------------------------------

McAfee Security Center - Ver 15
Ani-Virus and Anti Spyware - ver 19
Firewal - ver 16

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
New Contributor

Re: Pulse secure does not recognize McAfee Total protection. (Win7pro, McAfee ver 14.0, Rel 14.0 R10)

The Solution that I have found is to remove McAfee and install Avira free.
It is quite weird and inconvenient to remove the paid SW and install free, This is unacceptable behavior of the tool.
If I can, I prefer to look for other options regarding VPN.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Pulse secure does not recognize McAfee Total protection. (Win7pro, McAfee ver 14.0, Rel 14.0 R10)

I have a user that is experiencing the same thing. I do have a current support ticket open to find out the problem.
Community Manager

Hello Sveto,

We are discussing the following issue with OPSWAT. Once I have further information, I can update the forum post.
New Contributor

I have tried mcafee, norton (which worked for 3 days) and now Kaspersky- nothing is passing muster.
Not applicable

@kita: Were you able to determine any fix for this after discussing with OPSWAT? I'm definitely interested as my McAfee update (R19 for AV) just broke my Pulse Secure client.

Thanks in advance for any updates you can provide.
New Contributor

I am totally disappointed.
After almost 10 days, when solution with Avira worked fine, now it is not supported anymore and I have to go and find again which AV SW will work.
Community Manager

The issue has been root caused and waiting for a fix to be deployed. Once this is available, I can update this post accordingly.
Not applicable

Has there been any resolve to this issue?
Community Manager

Yes. ESAP2.9.8 was released with the following fixes.