cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Query] Is there a list of supportable 2FA products which are compatible with Pulse secure Connect

Highlighted
New Contributor

[Query] Is there a list of supportable 2FA products which are compatible with Pulse secure Connect

Hi all,

As mentioned in my subject, is there a list of 2FA products which are supportable for Pulse Secure Connect? I was unable to find this info in the web.

For your advice, please. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: [Query] Is there a list of supportable 2FA products which are compatible with Pulse secure Conne

I've been using Duo with Pulse secure for a while now.  This has been a flexible and nice option.  You can use either app, text or voice as the second factor and have multiple per user as well.

https://duo.com/docs/pulseconnect

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: [Query] Is there a list of supportable 2FA products which are compatible with Pulse secure Conne

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for your recommendation.

As i was looking through duo security configuration, it seems that the ldap server name is not locked to individual IP. Can this be fixed to individual ip since certain firewall might not control access based on name.

Also, must i use duo custom sign-in page in order for this to work? 

I believe you may have look at other products before choosing this product. So what make this product perform better than others?

Is there other commerical 2FA products which can also perform 2FA?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Duo uses a chained sign in page.  So your current one remains and is the one your clients see.  After passing this authentication it uses Duo LDAP as the second factor.  The clients are simply prompted to enter the code and nothing else.  If they type "push" Duo sends the prompt to their mobile app.

the connections to duo are all outbound from the Pulse secure appliance initiated so no inbound rules are needed in the firewall.

I was not involved in the selection only the setup so I can't speak to the competitive landscape.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home
Highlighted

We do not have a list of 2FA products; however, a broad statement (that I haven't seen be wrong so far) is that if it supports using RADIUS, it should work
There are additional options, such as Duo as either LDAP or RADIUS [LDAP is much nicer], that has a custom interaction with the PCS product line.
You can also use SAML 2.0 with services such as Okta, Ping, or Centrify

Some of these do have free trials that you can use to see which you want to use with your users for further testing. You can also reach out to your local account team on if they have a list of what they have worked with other customers to deploy