Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDP to windows client from Linux

SOLVED
theaudioman_
New Contributor

RDP to windows client from Linux

Is it possible to use rdp from a linux machine with java installed? I have tried through the terminal sessions, network connect, and jsam with no luck. I have to say that I'm trying with backtrack3 final and ubuntu 9.04

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
theaudioman_
New Contributor

Re: RDP to windows client from Linux

Thank You. I was able to get it working. I had to assign permissions within the SA2500 to my role. The only problem I am having is minor now. It is that I can't seem to get screen resolution better than 600x480. The other question is this...can i throw a wildcard in that would allow me to choose which server to RDP in to? I have over 1000 machines that I may want to RDP in to from time to time and don't want to setup 1000 bookmarks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
firewall72_
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I would give ProperRDPJava a shot. We've been using this for our Mac clients, so it should support Linux as well.

http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/board/message?board.id=SSL_VPN&message.id=2879&query.id=1474864#M2879

-John

theaudioman_
New Contributor

Thank you. I was able to get properRDP applet loaded but I must have an issue in my HTML. I am getting multiple java errors that all say (Unknown Source).

load: class net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.propero.rdp.applet.RdpApplet.class
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

The ProperJava RDP works great with Linux - why don't you post your code.
theaudioman_
New Contributor

Thank You. I was able to get it working. I had to assign permissions within the SA2500 to my role. The only problem I am having is minor now. It is that I can't seem to get screen resolution better than 600x480. The other question is this...can i throw a wildcard in that would allow me to choose which server to RDP in to? I have over 1000 machines that I may want to RDP in to from time to time and don't want to setup 1000 bookmarks.