cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCAPTCHA on Custom Sign In Page

OSAB_
New Contributor

ReCAPTCHA on Custom Sign In Page

Has anyone been successful at getting ReCaptcha to work on a Juniper SA6500 with OS 7.0 on a custom sign in page?

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: ReCAPTCHA on Custom Sign In Page

I don't know if I have seen ReCAPTCHA specifically used, but I am aware of people who have implemented CAPTCHAS for the login portal. If you can implement it in such a way that you can offload the checking to another server, I think that should work.

OSAB_
New Contributor

Re: ReCAPTCHA on Custom Sign In Page

If anyone has a sample custom page with Captcha or ReCaptcha working, a post of such customization would be greatly appreciated.

ReCaptcha does offload the validation to another server. The problem that I have is that there is a Java Serverlet/JSP that needs to run on the Juniper SA6500 in order to send off the response to validate the captcha phrase. I have gotten the Captcha to display on the custom login page, but I have yet to figure out how to validate the captcha entry (JSP/Serverlet) on the Juniper. (I am not a java programmer that knows where to put the code so that it will work.)

Here is the overview from their website. (Picture is Attached)

1. The user loads the web page with the reCAPTCHA challenge JavaScript embedded.
  2. The user's browser requests a challenge (an image with distorted text) from reCAPTCHA. reCAPTCHA gives the user a challenge and a token that identifies the challenge.
  3. The user fills out the web page form, and submits the result to your application server, along with the challenge token.
  4. reCAPTCHA checks the user's answer, and gives you back a response.
  5. If true, generally you will allow the user access to some service or information. E.g. allow them to comment on a forum, register for a wiki, or get access to an email address. If false, you can allow the user to try again.

http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/display.html

Thanks...