Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recomended Firmware Upgrade from 5.5R6

SOLVED
bruccoo_
Occasional Contributor

Recomended Firmware Upgrade from 5.5R6

Hello all, wanted some opinions as to what user's experience are with any firmware's after 5.5R6. I am looking to upgrade our system for better OS and browser compatibility to 6.2R2.1 (In particular OSX 10.5, FF3, Linux & Vista). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherHowar
Contributor

Re: Recomended Firmware Upgrade from 5.5R6

Without knowing how your IVE is implemented in your network and what features you have deployed, it is difficult to make an exact recommendation, however, I would suggest you start by reading through the notes for the latest stable release available. At the moment this is 6.3R1, on first glance it seems to tick all of your boxes. Check out the software page here. Have a read through the supported platform pdf as well. Hope this helps. If you require further detailed assistance, you may wish to consider talking to your Juniper Account Manager about the J-Care Agility Advanced Options. We can provide highly focused Software Upgrade Recommendation and Review documents for your network.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChristopherHowar
Contributor

Without knowing how your IVE is implemented in your network and what features you have deployed, it is difficult to make an exact recommendation, however, I would suggest you start by reading through the notes for the latest stable release available. At the moment this is 6.3R1, on first glance it seems to tick all of your boxes. Check out the software page here. Have a read through the supported platform pdf as well. Hope this helps. If you require further detailed assistance, you may wish to consider talking to your Juniper Account Manager about the J-Care Agility Advanced Options. We can provide highly focused Software Upgrade Recommendation and Review documents for your network.

bruccoo_
Occasional Contributor

Hello Christopher, thanks for the reply. I will look more into the documentation you suggested.
jeffreyl_
Occasional Contributor

Two week ago I completed an upgrade of our SA4000 cluster from 5.5R5 to 6.2R2-1 with no issues.
ChristopherHowar
Contributor

Great to hear Jeffrey, Bruccoo - how did you get on, any issues?
blueseabin_
Occasional Contributor

Could advise the client side message during the upgrading? IS any error message will be prompted?