cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Cluster for Secure Meeting FQDN

jspanitz_
Frequent Contributor

Rename Cluster for Secure Meeting FQDN

So it seems our cluster name is using our internal naming convention and fqdn. This seems to unfortunately be the same name that the secure meeting function uses when it sends emails with url links to users. While I think that's just plain dumb and the meeting fqdn should be separate, I know that won't solve our immediate problem.

So the question is, if we go in and change the Cluster Name under the System | Clustering | Properties, what will happen? Will the cluster just rename itself and carry on. Will the cluster break? WIll the cluster gracefully reboot both nodes like it does with an upgrade? Has anyone ever done this?

We are running 7.2R1.1 FWIW. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SVK_
Regular Contributor

Re: Rename Cluster for Secure Meeting FQDN

Following event will be notified under admin access log

info   ADM10037   XXXX-XX-XX XX:XX:XX - *hostname - [127.0.0.1] System()[] - Changed cluster name from *oldname to *newname

Ideally only the cluster name will be changed and there will be no outage. Cluster name will change and the system will carry on with it

Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

It should be using the name configured at System>Network>Overview, hostname. This needs to be either blank or match the external name; otherwise what you see is what will happen. The cluster names do not matter.

[Edit: removing invalid information; there was a change to the cluster protocol that I was not aware of in which the cluster name can be changed without needing to break the cluster. The cluster name can be changed at any time.]

jspanitz_
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. So now I still need to clarify which name to change - cluster or both devices.

Zanyterp, if you are correct, I either need to change the name of both nodes in the cluster to be the same (?) or leave them both blank (again ?). Seems strange. And if I leave them blank, what URL does it insert into the meeting invite?

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Yes, you need to change the name (System>Network>Overview, hostname) to be identical or leave it blank. When this is blank, the name pulled is from what is entered in the address bar; when this is filled, it is used.