Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserving the same IP address?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Reserving the same IP address?

Does anyone know If I can reserve the same Ip address when I log into network. I was interested in adding it to our dhcp scope but am unsure if it will pick up the same ip each time I log in.

If anyone has tried it let me know I'm interested in finding out.

We are currenlty using the SA4000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Reserving the same IP address?

I assume you are talking about NC, if so then simply create a seperate role for you with a NC Connection Profile (Resource Policy) that only has one IP in it (you will need to creep around the net admin to give you a static IP from your range) then apply that NC Profile to your Role. You can still use that IP in another profile but when it is in use (as part of a DHCP distribution) then you will not be able to connect using NC because duplicate IP obviously

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Reserving the same IP address?

I assume you are talking about NC, if so then simply create a seperate role for you with a NC Connection Profile (Resource Policy) that only has one IP in it (you will need to creep around the net admin to give you a static IP from your range) then apply that NC Profile to your Role. You can still use that IP in another profile but when it is in use (as part of a DHCP distribution) then you will not be able to connect using NC because duplicate IP obviously

View solution in original post