Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollback occurs when installing Pulse secure 64 bit

Highlighted
New Contributor

Rollback occurs when installing Pulse secure 64 bit

Hello,

I am working with two clients - one using Juniper Network Connect 6.5.0 and recently require installation of Pulse Secure (ps-pulse-win-5.1r5.1-b61437-64bitinstaller). I am using Windows 7 Professional - 64bit.
I am unable to install Pulse secure probably due to this Network connect VPN connection already available on my laptop. The Pulse secure installation rolls back and does not install.

Is there a work around for this issue? I cannot uninstall the existing network connect since I actively use it to connect to a particular clients secure site. I came across a solution here but not sure if it really works since there is no update to it.

https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/1000261-issues-installing-junos-pulse-on-windows-7-ultimate-64-bits

Thanks and appreciate any help I can get on this matter.

Regards,
Aboli
11 REPLIES 11
Pulser

Re: Rollback occurs when installing Pulse secure 64 bit

Hello,

I have had cases similar to this issue. Most cases that I work with resolved with the below solution, if not please open a case with Pulse Secure and we can take a look at the logs for further investigation.

If you have many VPN clients (or network filters) installed on your system, Junos Pulse install may fail due to low maxfilters value in registry. Install hangs for some time and then rolls back.
If rollback is interrupted, or if install is triggered by web-installer it results is non-working VPN client with empty connection window.
This means that necessary services to run the clinet are missing – only UI files are installed.

To resolve the issue, you need to edit the Windows Registry key:

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Network/MaxNumFilters
This value defines the maximum number of network filter drivers allowed on the computer.

Try to change this value to 14 (maximum value), and the Junos Pulse install should finish successfully.

Thanks.
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and solution - I tried this out and it worked like a charm.
But looks like I've got a new issue- As mentioned in my post I have Juniper networks network connect 6.5.0 VPN and now installed pulse secure as well.
Now, when I connect via Network connect, it goes to the host checker and then prompts the 'An unexpected error occured' Pulse secure client. Looks like pulse secure blocks the connection that I try from network connect to the client website. Although Pulse secure works perfectly alright when i launch it separately.

Appreciate any help I can get on this.
Thanks.

Aboli

Unfortunately, the 6.5 Host Checker/Setup client and 8.1 Host Checker/Setup Client versions are incompatible.
You _may_ be able to delete Host Checker and the setup client from your add/remove programs between sessions and be able to connect. I know it is not ideal; but, unfortunately, that is what is required. If you login to your Pulse client using only the Pulse Secure Desktop client, rather than the browser, that should help as well.
Occasional Contributor

Hello

I am having the same problem. 'Pulse secure requires Windows Windows 7 or later'. I am using my office computer with Windows 7 Enterprise. Is there any solution for this. I couldn't VPN. I tried the maxfilter solution but didn't work for me.

If you need any more info. let me know.

Thanks.

Can you check to make sure that the installer is not set to run in compatibility mode?
Occasional Contributor

The installer is not set in the compatibility mode. It is unchecked. Any other suggestions to try.
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem, and getting the error "Pulse secure requires Windows Windows 7 or later" even though I'm on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit. I tried bumping up the registry entry for the number of filters; didn't help. I tried making sure the installer component was not running in some weird compatibility mode, or specifically setting it to Windows 7 compatibility. I tried making sure it was set to run as Administrator. Nothing worked.

It worked for me, Thanks.

Occasional Visitor

I am the same issue.  I have a Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit machine which Pulse Secure 5.3 is installed on.  It wont allow me to uninstall the program.  It give me this error "Pulse Secure 5.2 uninstall encountered errors and has rolled back."  I have tired the regedit but it didn't work.  I need help!!!