cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA 4000 Upgrade from 6.3 R1.2 to 7.1 R3

Occasional Contributor

SA 4000 Upgrade from 6.3 R1.2 to 7.1 R3

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade the SA4000 device system firmware from 6.3 R1.2 to 7.1R3 for i have some queries.

- Will the Network Connect Client Upgrade requires Admin Privledge on the Client Machines or it Upgrades Automatically.

- In case of manual Network Cleint Installation could we directly Install the 7.1 R3 or we need to uninstall the previous

6.3 R1.2 Client Software.

- What IE versions does the 7.1 R3 supports.

- Before the Upgradation i want to test the Network Connect Client Software but i am unable to find it on Juniper Site

If i am missing any location where i could download ,Please Suggest.

You kind Suggestions will be of Gr8 Help.

Regards,

Syed Kazi

8 REPLIES 8
Respected Contributor

Re: SA 4000 Upgrade from 6.3 R1.2 to 7.1 R3

Hello,

- Will the Network Connect Client Upgrade requires Admin Privledge on the Client Machines or it Upgrades Automatically.

>>z: It requires admin privileges OR the Juniper Installer Service from 7.1 installed on the machines as an admin prior to the upgrade

- In case of manual Network Cleint Installation could we directly Install the 7.1 R3 or we need to uninstall the previous

6.3 R1.2 Client Software.

>>z: You can install Network Connect directly; there is no need to uninstall the previous version.

- What IE versions does the 7.1 R3 supports.

>>z: 6-9

- Before the Upgradation i want to test the Network Connect Client Software but i am unable to find it on Juniper Site

If i am missing any location where i could download

>>z: No, you are not missing anything; this is available ONLY from the IVE admin console. You can try contacting your Juniper account team and ask them if they have the file that you can test with, but there is no public location for the download.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the Reply.

I have one more query.As we are going to upgrade from 6.3 R1-2 to 7.1R3,

If in any case we want to rollback then will the "RollBack" Option under system maintainance tab helps?

Respected Contributor

You are welcome. Yes, the rollback option will put the device back to the configuration prior to upgrade (any changes will be lost).
Not applicable

I woud recommed the following steps before upgrading to 7.1, or any version really:

Back up both the system.cfg and users.cfg files and name them in a way that you can identify 3 things:

-Config date

-Code version that the config(s) were created under __________(configs created under newer firmware versions cannot be imported to older versions)

-Filename (user.cfg vs. system.cfg)

This will allow you to save your configuration and restore it in the event that you need to rollback from the newer version.

HTH

Occasional Contributor

when upgrading sa4000 is teh recommended option 7.0 or 7.1?

Respected Contributor

Occasional Contributor

but the juniper website still recommends 7.0 for sa4000.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it does; that is a generic recommendation. If there are features you will need in 7.1 (see the "what's new" document, http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/releasenotes/j-sa-sslvpn-7.1R1-whatsnew.pdf), then you should upgrade to it. The only known-to-me-right-now caveat to running 7.1R3 is if you are using AD/NT server instance against 2008R2 domain controller(s); and you may not run into this issue (or you can switch to an LDAP server instance to avoid the failure and be better off overall for authentication/authorization, unless you have a valid pain-point for why AD/NT is needed).