cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA-4000 full config

RichelieuLuc_
Occasional Contributor

SA-4000 full config

Hi! Our SA-4000 died. I just receive my new SA-4000. I don't have a backup of all my settings and configuration. Is there a way to put the hard drive (or anything else!) of the broken SA-4000 to the new SA-4000? So i would not have to take 4-7 hours reconfigure the new VPN-SSL... Any helps would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!! thx
4 REPLIES 4
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Re: SA-4000 full config

ug.. you can try swapping the disk, or flash (cant remember which they use) this could work as long as your problem wasnt with the disk in the first place.
ben_
Frequent Contributor

Well opened up our old SA5040 as we had to do this hw change... looks as expected like a "normal" server, so if not too much changed you will be able to replace the harddrive. should be much easier now as they are hotpluggable now, so just give it a try Smiley Wink
RichelieuLuc_
Occasional Contributor

But does Juniper will approve that I open the appliance and swap the hard drive?
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

I'd ask your case owner. I see no seals on my gear that says "Do not open or warranty will be voided" I hate when companies do that.

Do you have Ghost ? You could possibly image the old hard drive to the new one. Then ship back all the old equipment.

but again, I would ask your tech.. I'm sure they will be sympathetic to your plight.. and in the future.. backup your system.cfg and user.cfg regularly.. or better yet, cluster that appliance in addition to regular backups.