cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA CLuster in 2 different locations ?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

SA CLuster in 2 different locations ?

Hi ,just trying to see if there is any issues running a A/P SA cluster across L2 switching in 2 separate physical locations , they will be on the same subnet.

is there any docs detailing such a deployment ?

Thanks

Ian

7 REPLIES 7
Occasional Contributor

Re: SA CLuster in 2 different locations ?

Hi Ian,

I was involved with a site that had a similar setup.

The biggest issue we encountered was the VIP flapping between both nodes due to layer 2 WAN timeouts.

From memory we ended up increasing the timeouts (ARP ping) to something just larger to the Spaning Tree re-convergent time.

Hope this helps

Tony

Regular Contributor

I think the most cluster-setups are like that, cause the machines should be physically separated at different locations.

We have two SA's in A/P Cluster on different locations 10km away from each other and no problems.

Contributor

How'd you deal with assigning IP addresses to clients? Seems to me that if you stretch your Layer 2 VLANs for the interface pairs on the concentrators themselves, you need to do the exact same thing with all of your Network Connect pools as well.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, this is possible. I have seen setup with this configuration and it works fine.

@ Kohster - Network Connect IP pool can from a common DHCP server to which the SA's are reachable.

Thanks,

Contributor

With handing out IPs via DHCP, how can you give a separate pool of IPs to each role?

Occasional Contributor

HI Kohster , please can you kindly create a seperate forum post to disscuss your DHCP pool issues to avoid this topic going way off course please.

Thnx

Frequent Contributor

Hi Kohster,

The answer for your question is on "Network Connect" > "Connection Profiles". Please open a new thread as Ian asked you, so that we can continue this query on a new thread.

If you initial query has been answered -

Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks