cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA2000 ip address groups (VLANS) question.

SOLVED
groque_
Occasional Contributor

SA2000 ip address groups (VLANS) question.

Hi all, I just got my SA 2000 demo unit from Juniper. This is my first time working with an SSL VPN device I was wondering if it is possibile to assign IP addresses based on groups (sort of like Radius assigned VLANS). For example I have my auth server pointing to my Radius server. I have 4 different type of VLANS Vlan 10 - E 172.16.10.X Vlan 20 - J 172.16.20.X Vlan 30 - S 172.16.30.X Vlan 40 - P 172.16.40.X Is it possible to assign the address range listed abobe to the users that VPN in (using network connect). I heard thatt the SA doesnt support VLANS but is there any other way to do this? thanks for the responses cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gamer004_
Contributor

Re: SA2000 ip address groups (VLANS) question.

Yes that's possible if you are running 6.3 or 6.4.

You can create a VLAN under network-vlans en then assign this vlan under role-vlan/source ip.

Please note that traffic leaving the internal interface is untagged by default ( traffic like SNMP,Syslog etc). This means the port on your switch must support dual mode ( Foundry) or native vlan ( Cisco) ( depending on your brand) which means the switch can put untagged traffic into a specific vlan.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gamer004_
Contributor

Yes that's possible if you are running 6.3 or 6.4.

You can create a VLAN under network-vlans en then assign this vlan under role-vlan/source ip.

Please note that traffic leaving the internal interface is untagged by default ( traffic like SNMP,Syslog etc). This means the port on your switch must support dual mode ( Foundry) or native vlan ( Cisco) ( depending on your brand) which means the switch can put untagged traffic into a specific vlan.

groque_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Gamer004!