Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA2500 7.1r6 -> Windows 8 RDP and Citrix Proxy

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

SA2500 7.1r6 -> Windows 8 RDP and Citrix Proxy

Before updating the SA to an officially supported version (7.3): We use Citrix and RDP connections via Juniper Proxy services (either ActiveX or JSAM, no network connect). On all Windows 8 installations we have tried those sessions start up fine but will disconnect / reconnect all the time. I tried connecting both with IE 10 (Desktop) and Chrome, same behaviour. Virtual machines (XP or 7) inside the Windows 8 box work flawlessly.

Has anyone used these features on Win 8 successfully or is this behaviour corrected in the new firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: SA2500 7.1r6 -> Windows 8 RDP and Citric Proxy

Hi ChrisJu,

we had a similar problem with Mac Clients on some of the 7.1rx Release I think after the 71r8 (R8 included) it had been fixed,  7.1R10  and 7.1R11 work fine for us.

I donÕt think that 7.1R6 does have official support for Win8.

Download a DTE Version and create a small test bed so you could easily test if 7.1r10 or 7.2Rx does fix your problem.

Best Regards

NULL

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: SA2500 7.1r6 -> Windows 8 RDP and Citrix Proxy

Thank you for that KB link. I don't think we were aware that MS had created another loopback issue.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What are the error messages seen?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

No error messages as such: the sessions start fine, then after a few seconds (up to 2 minutes) the screen freezes and you get the reconnect message from the windows terminal services client.  After that the session reconnects until the next freeze.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: SA2500 7.1r6 -> Windows 8 RDP and Citric Proxy

Hi ChrisJu,

we had a similar problem with Mac Clients on some of the 7.1rx Release I think after the 71r8 (R8 included) it had been fixed,  7.1R10  and 7.1R11 work fine for us.

I donÕt think that 7.1R6 does have official support for Win8.

Download a DTE Version and create a small test bed so you could easily test if 7.1r10 or 7.2Rx does fix your problem.

Best Regards

NULL

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Did you try updating the Java client ?

We've seen the problem before....also 99% of the time related to Java installations!

Our solution...remove all Java's...and install only (!) the last one.

Brgds,

Maarten

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have a fix for this. We have been testing Win 8 RDP and TS and disconnect constantly. We tested this against 7.3R1 which is supposed to be Win 8 compliant. It happens most often on wireless but we have also seen situations on wired.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

We have the same problems on our SA2500 cluster with OS 7.3R1. On some Windows 8 Pro Clients the terminal session freezes over and over again. Some other Win 8 clients doesn't have any problems. The Hobsoft java rdp applet works on this clients without problems. I think it's a problem with device drivers, because I virtualised a physical machine with problems and after it run in a VM (Hyper-V) the problem never show again.

Regards, Mike

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Are you using RADIUS accounting? Does disabling that make a difference?
What does your client-side log show?
Highlighted
New Contributor

No RADIUS accounting, only normal LDAP / Active Directory users. I have deleted every client side log before starts the terminal session, but it didn't created new logfiles.