Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA2500 Operating System not Found

New Contributor

Hello,

I need help with my SA 2500 SSL VPN.
I turned it on and connected it via the console and it states: OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.

It was working fine before I disconnected power and reconnect it.
How is the operating system just gone like that?

Thank you for your help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Pulser

Re: SA2500 Operating System not Found

It sounds like the disk has been corrupted, do you get the option to press Tab and choose rolback or factory reset as shown at the end of this KB - https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB10157/ ?

If you cannot recover the system this way then it will need to be RMA and a replacement delivered.
New Contributor

Thanks for your response!
No... unfortunately there was no option to Tab.
Whatever key I pressed it says: No Operating System Found.
How come there is no hardware button to press to reset to factory setting?
Juniper SSG has a hardware button to press to reset to factory setting, I could not find that on SA2500.
Pulser

I don't believe a factory reset pin button has ever been part of the design for the IVE appliances, the closest thing I know of is the pinhole on the front of SM-160 and SM-360 to perform a restart.

As the system is consistently not booting to the point where you can select rollback or factory reset then the disk is corrupted and the SA2500 should be RMA to get a replacement.
If it does manage to recover and you can rollback/factory reset please generate a snapshot (with debuglog and config included) soon after you log in and open a case so we can look to see what it is reporting about the disk status as it might fail again in the future.