I have a pair of SA4500s in active/passive running mulitple IVS instances. One of the instances the active directory authentication just stopped working. Users are able to authenticate still, but the group based role maping is reporting no roles. When I try to test my configration I get:
Error while joining domain XXXXX. Possible causes:
- The specified administrator credentials do not properly authenticate.
- The specified domain or domain controller may not be valid.
I have tried recreating the AD domain account, creating a new AD domain account, deleting all the computer objects created in the domain, even setting up a new AD Auth Server and I get the same message everytime. Nothing changed network wise that is preventing this from working, i can confirm the traffic is getting to the AD server. I have setup the IVE computer names to be specific names when joined to the domain, but for some reason those names are not working and it appears to be alwasy Vc00c. This computer object is being created by the service account used to join the SA device to the domain.