cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA6000 upgrade questions

Occasional Contributor

SA6000 upgrade questions

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my pair of SA6000 for some fixed (Java rewrite and vista support).  I found that beside version 6, there are still some continuous update and new release on 5.4 and 5.5.  What is the different between 6 and the latest 5.x?

Also, after checking on this forum, I see many other users discuss about problem upgrading to 6.0R3.1.  Would it be better if I just go to 6.0R1 or 2 instead of 6.0R3.1?  If I am running in a cluster, could I take down one to do the testing?  If so, what do I have to be aware of, because both SA should have the same configuration (e.g. IVS).

Thanks

Jackie

1 REPLY 1
Super Contributor

Re: SA6000 upgrade questions

Jackie,

If you are talking about the post I made about 6.0R3.1 then I can tell you that the majority of my issues had to do with a dial up provider blocking access to crl.verisign.net.

For the most part my 6000 cluster on 6.0R3.1 is running well now. (At least its running just as good as 5.4 did) I still have a handfull of users (about 5-10%) that are having issues with fragmentation and retransmissions. I have a case open about this now. Other users were having issues with Kerberos authentication which could be resolved by applying a registry change from Microsoft. That problem is documented here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244474  .

Luckily we have a backup VPN that these problem users seem to be working fine on. Good Luck.