cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA700 Site-to-Site

Epictetus_
Occasional Contributor

SA700 Site-to-Site

The company I was recently hired at has a SA 700, and they have asked me to look into our options for using it to extend our corporate network. We are currently using the VPN only for remote access.

I appologize for asking such a basic quesiton, but does this VPN even support site-to-site access? According to the online description and the documentation that I have seen, it is strictly for remote access.

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: SA700 Site-to-Site

The SA is easier to manage & provide VPN to users. It also allows you to give access without requirement of full VPN (if desired).
It really depends on what you need for your users
Epictetus_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.

If the SRX can be used for remote access, are there any specific benefits to using the SA instead of the SRX?

ruc_
Regular Contributor

The SA/MAG series are for Remote access only. You should look at the SRX firewall to do site to site.

Epictetus_
Occasional Contributor

I see, thank you. We have an SRX240 cluster, so that must be what they are talking about. Logging into the gateway, I see settings for an IPsec VPN. Am I correct then that the SRX can do site-to-site access and the SA is for remote access?

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Yes, that is correct. You can use the SRX for remote access as well, but from a VPN connection, it is site-to-site and the SA/MAG series are for remote access. You would need to query the SRX forum for site-to-site assistance