cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML authentication with Azure having issues

Highlighted

SAML authentication with Azure having issues

I have configured SAML authentication with Azure MFA as per below article.

https://www-prev.pulsesecure.net/download/techpubs/current/1540/pulse-connect-secure/pcs/9.0rx/ps-pc...

But it is giving the below error and not redirecting. Has anyone faced this problem?

SAML Transfer failed. Please contact your system administrator.

Detail: FAILURE: Artifact request is missing the SAMLart parameter

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SAML authentication with Azure having issues

Hi, I am having the same issue. Have you found the solution yet?

Highlighted

Did you ever get a solution to this? I'm experiencing the exact same issue. 

Highlighted

what does your user access log show?
what does your events log show?
what does your policy trace show?
Highlighted

SAML Artifact Query Parameter
This field is populated with the default value "SAMLart". SAMLart is the type of cookie returned from the SSO system, which is then sent on to the target URL. If the return cookie is not the same type as the value in the SAML Artifact Query Parameter, then the assertion will fail.
The SAMLart setting should suffice for most usage scenarios of the Retrieve SAML Browser Artifact assertion. You should change the default value only if the administrator of the Single Sign-On system has chosen a different parameter name. The value in the SAML Artifact Query Parameter field is case sensitive.
Highlighted

We found that the documentation does not mention that you must create a user Relm and assign the newly created Authentication Server to that Relm. This is something we would do as a typical setup however not many of us want to tinker with production until we know it works. Using the "Test Authentication" option within Azure failed until this step was completed.

Let me know if this works for you.