cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH session only works for 10-30 seconds?

SOLVED
Toivo_
Contributor

SSH session only works for 10-30 seconds?

I'm trying to get the java/SSH functionality working and I'm running into a weird issue. The applet launches, connects to the SSH server, you log in, and for about 10 - 30 seconds everything works just fine. Then, without any obvious trigger, the connection freezes, and eventually there's a "connection closed..." message. There's no error message in the log, just the connected and connection closed messages.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm using R7.0 (hey, it's a test environment...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RKB_
Frequent Contributor

Re: SSH session only works for 10-30 seconds?

A TCP trace on the backend server should give us a hint on who initiated the close connection process, that will help in determining where to troubleshoot further.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RKB_
Frequent Contributor

While the SSH session freezes do you also see the SSL (web page) session frozen?

Need to determine if this is just with the SSH session between the client and the backend server or if its the entire SSL-VPN session that has a problem.

Toivo_
Contributor

Nope, just the SSH applet. To clarify, the connection closed error comes from within the applet. The rest of the SSL session continues to work just fine.

RKB_
Frequent Contributor

A TCP trace on the backend server should give us a hint on who initiated the close connection process, that will help in determining where to troubleshoot further.

View solution in original post

Toivo_
Contributor

User error, as usual. Packet capture clued us in on random RST flags, which clued us in the fact that someone had reused one of the test-IVE's VLAN IPs, and the duplicate host would, whenever it won the ARP contest, reset the connections. Lesson on documenting setups, even in lab environments. :-) Thanks for the help!