Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL VPN - Host Checker - Successful System AV Scan fails

S Mazhar_
Occasional Contributor

SSL VPN - Host Checker - Successful System AV Scan fails

Hallo,

i am trying to define Policy in Host Checker in order to check if a Successful System Scan  have been performed in the last 30 Days. The option "Consider this rule as passed if 'Full System Scan' was started successfully as remediation" has been also activated.

Unfortunately the Junos Pulse Client authentication and also Web Authentication does not work although a Full System Scan has benn performed an Hours ago. The Error always ask for "Full System Scan".

P.S: "KB13037:  Host Checker not detecting correct Last scan time for Anti-Virus software" was of no help to me.

We are using:

Sophos Endpoint Security Product Version 10.2
Sophos Anti Virus 10.2.9

Junos:

MAG-4610

System Version 7.4R4 (build 26411)

Active ESAP version: 2.4.3

Clients: Windows 7 and Windows 8

I had the same Problem with the previous Version (i guess 7.4R3). The problem persists after update.

I will be thankfull for any Tips or Help.

Best Regards
Khna

4 REPLIES 4
jspanitz_
Frequent Contributor

Re: SSL VPN - Host Checker - Successful System AV Scan fails

I can tell you from past experience we had nothing but problems when trying to check the last system scan.  We worked with JTAC for quite awhile and could never get it to work reliably.  We ended up disabling it.

If you have better luck, let us know.

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi,

This issue needs detailed Hostcheker  client  log and Secure access log review to know the posssible cause.

I recommend you to open a case with JTAC support for further assistance on this

Regards,

Kannan

S Mazhar_
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I have openend a Case with JTAC and provided the logs. I will keep you informed about the progress.

Kind Regads

Khna

Bonnie_
Not applicable

Did you find a solution?  We are trying to implement this to verify that a scan has recently ran and completed, but host checker always fails even though a scan runs weekly on the computer.