Hello dear Colleagues,
Did anyone face with the following issue: user uses Network Connect and tries to establish VPN connection, Network Connect shows Loading ComponentsÉÓ message for some time, but then user gets the error message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpageÓ.
Issue usually resolves after the following two actions:
1) Delete web browsing history (temp files, cookies and etc.)
2) Reset Internet Explorer settings in Advanced IE tab
Could you please advise:
1) What can be the root cause for this issue
2) Permanent solution, not just to ask every user to reset IE
It doesnÕt happen with all users, only with some of them and not at the same time.
By default users donÕt deny the launch of ActiveX control, but IÕll double check.
Regarding the proxy, yes Ð all users have proxy configured in their browser.
Regarding the logs Ð need to be checked.
Has Network Connect launched before the "IE cannot display this page" message is seen? - Ken
Yes, NC has launched. NC starting with "Components loading", Host Checker point became green, and then after some time I get the following message:
This program cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
- You are not connected to the Internet.
- The website is encountering problems.
- There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, inclduing:
- Internt connectivity has been lost.
- The website it temporarily unavailable.
- The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
- The Domian Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domian.
After I deleted cookies, changed Temporary Internet Files - Check for newer versions of stored pages settings to "Every time I visit the webpage", and resetted IE setting in advanced tab, NC started to work fine.