cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL VPN - Problem with Windows XP Client and RDP access using SA2000

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

SSL VPN - Problem with Windows XP Client and RDP access using SA2000

What could be causing a problem with our Windows XP Professional Edition Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 clients failing to connect to the WTS. They get past the WTS login display on the server but it then just hangs there connecting until you cancel the session. It reports "Connecting to server 127.0.0.3:2102 " and just waits there forever.

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600 running Service Pack2 clients do not get this problem.

There was a patch that was recommended a while back but this should not be valid now as there has been many updates since then which I hope will have taken care of the problem.

Our SSL VPN software Version: 5.3R5.3 (Build 11159)

Any help is welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: SSL VPN - Problem with Windows XP Client and RDP access using SA2000

Do you have a resource policy for TS configured?
Highlighted
Contributor

Also, depending on whether you have used the Hostname or IP in your resource policy, check the TS Policy Options and maybe need to enable "IP based matching for Hostname based policy resources"

Tony

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes I do

policy1 Allow server1:3389,1494,4246 role1 role2
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Have tried this and it still won't work.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The logs show the user being connected to port 3389 and disconnected after 0 seconds , 19 bytes written and 47 bytes read which would indicate that it does connect and gets thrown out immediately. I have turned off the firewall on the client.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just to add.

I still have not found a fix. I have found connecting to a Windows XP SP2 server works fine. Connecting to a Windows 2000 Server works fine. Problem is with connecting to a Windows 2003 Server.

Downgraded from IE 7 to IE 6 and this still does not help.