Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with ADFS 2.0

Highlighted
Not applicable

SSO with ADFS 2.0

Hi Guys,

I am trying to configure SSO with the ADFS 2.0 and I need your help with it. Here is what I have:

IVE 6.5 (which only supports SAML 1.1)

ADFS 2.0 (Which supports SAML 2.0 protocol and only supports SAML 1.1 token)

So the plan is to use IVE as the SAML reciever. The users will sign in with the help of ADFS 2.0 first and then IVE will rely on it to authenticate and authorize the users.

Problem is I am not sure if the integration between IVE 6.5 and ADFS 2.0 is achievable.

I will really appreciate any help in this reagards.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: SSO with ADFS 2.0

Hi Miranda,

I saw your post and I am doing the exact same thing, we are setting up an ADFS 2.0 integration with a SA 2000 appliance, were you able to implement it this?

In our case we are going to implement it using 7.1R5 and ADFS 2.0

thanks.

H.

Highlighted
New Contributor

An update in this post, we are now able to log to our ADFS 2.0 Portal and perform single sign into the SA 2000, so that part has been taken care of, however we still haven't been able to access internal resources that the SA is protecting without being prompted for credentials.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If ADFS 2.0 will support the SAML 1.1 spec that IVE OS 6.5 supports, you should be ok in theory (I do not have access to either type of environment for testing). For access to backend resources, do you have a SAML ACL configured (Users>Resource Policies>Web>SAML SSO; please note that this is hidden by default and you may need to choose to view it through the customize link on the right side of the page, just above the tabs of the different settings).