cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Network Connect client for two different IVE clusters?

Sojourner_
Occasional Contributor

Same Network Connect client for two different IVE clusters?

We have two distinct sets of SA4500 A/P clusters. One is the "main" cluster, and the other resides at our datacenter and they both have the exact same release and build of firmware. I am experiencing an issue when I attempt to connect to the datacenter cluster using the client from the main cluster. Is this a known issue? If I take a fresh laptop and point it towards the downtown cluster it connects fine. If I take a laptop that has connected to the main cluster and then try to connect to the datacenter cluster it hoses Network Connect and I get a nc.windows.app.23704 error message.

Have I done something wrong or am I trying to make a round peg fit into a square hole? This is an issue as the datacenter cluster is a fail-over site of sorts, or for those days when we run high in the license count on the main site.

Any insight or input would be helpful at this point. Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Sojourner_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Same Network Connect client for two different IVE clusters?

If it helps:

Network Connect NEVER completes it's "Negotiating..." phase of the connection. It'll launch, attempt to connect, and then fails.

The authentication is set exactly the same on both clusters. RSA ACE for the actual authentication, and AD for the back-end LDAP group lookup for role-mapping.

Again, both sets are SA4500 and both are running 6.5R4.1.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

what error message do you see in the user access log? client logs? What is the client OS?

Sojourner_
Occasional Contributor

XP is the OS. Most are IE7, a couple of IE8s.

The client logs are inconsistent and there's no error mesage at first assides from unable to connect.