cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search feature in PCS GUI for ressoures/profiles/etc.

Frostie
Occasional Contributor

Search feature in PCS GUI for ressoures/profiles/etc.

Hello, 

One thing I have always been missing at the PCS is a search feature in the PCS admin GUI. Something with which I can search all Ressource Profiles, Policies, Rules or whatever for a specific IP-Address, Hostname or URL.

It happens quite often that I get an info about a replaced internal system, where the new system got a new host name / ip address. Then I have to manually search (using search from browser) thru all ressources to check if there are any profiles/policies/access rules/etc. regarding the old system. That´s quite annoying.

A search feature will greatly reduces the necessary work here and would help finding ressources or access rules, which someone forgot to delete in the past.

Are there any chances to get such a feature?

Regards, 

Marc

3 REPLIES 3
Rauno
Occasional Contributor

Re: Search feature in PCS GUI for ressoures/profiles/etc.

An option is to use exported xml. Like the same secured place where you store the full backup, also export the xml to there. Then you at least can search for it with some notepad++ etc.

zanyterp

i cannot comment on if it can/will happen; however, it does sound like a feature that would be beneficial
if you have not already done so, please check with your account team to put in an enhancement request
Frostie
Occasional Contributor

@Rauno 

You are right. Using the XML export is an option, but it is quite cumbersome. But still better than doing a manual search.

@zanyterp 

I will get in contact with our account team to put in an enhancement request.