Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Meeting URL in a Cluster contains nodename

SOLVED
Frostie_
Contributor

Secure Meeting URL in a Cluster contains nodename

Hello,

I«m new to the SA und currently configuring/testing/playing around with our new two SA 4500.
Both machines are running 6.5.R5 and are forming a active/passive cluster.

Now I«ve found something which confuses me a little bit. Maybe someone can help me with that :-)

The clusters hostname is sslgw.company.com, while the two nodes are sslgw1.company.com and sslgw2.company.com.
Now when I connect to sslgw.company.com as a User and create a new SecureMeeting session, I get a new meeting-URL with the
hostname of the current active node. Like...

https://sslgw1.company.com/meeting/12345678

Unfortunately the nodes itself are not accessible from the internet. And the official certificate is, of course, issued to the cluster hostname
sslgw.company.com. Ok...I can ignore the nodename in the meeting URL and successfully connect to the cluster hostname, but it«s a little bit annoying and confusing.

In my Unterstanding the meeting URL should contain the cluster hostname and not the name of the currently active node.

Is there a way to correct this behavior?

Regards,

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Secure Meeting URL in a Cluster contains nodename

What you are seeing is expected. The name used is pulled from the hostname field (System>Network>Overview) if populated OR the address bar if the hostname field is blank.

This can be resolved in one of two ways:

1) Go to System>Network>Overview and remove the hostname (it is not a required entry except for if you are using hostname-based passthrough proxy; nothing to worry about now since you said you are new to this and experimenting)

2) Go to System>Network>Overview and make the hostname field identical in both nodes. This is not published anywhere so they can be identical.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

I ran into something similar. We name our network equipemnt by model-location-unit designation. That is for internal monitoring and troubleshooting. So our hostname was jsa4500-building-1. The SA4500 we have also had a DNS name of VPN.domain.com. vpn.domain.com was the name we setup the cert with. Things worked pretty well until we noticed that meeting urls were pulling the hostname, not the dns name we set. Easy to fix, but a bit annoying.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

What you are seeing is expected. The name used is pulled from the hostname field (System>Network>Overview) if populated OR the address bar if the hostname field is blank.

This can be resolved in one of two ways:

1) Go to System>Network>Overview and remove the hostname (it is not a required entry except for if you are using hostname-based passthrough proxy; nothing to worry about now since you said you are new to this and experimenting)

2) Go to System>Network>Overview and make the hostname field identical in both nodes. This is not published anywhere so they can be identical.

Frostie_
Contributor

It«s sounds a little bit strange to give both hosts the same hostname, but it works. And that«s the important thing :-)

Thanks for the tip.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You are welcome.

It works since the hostname is internal-that-IVE-only.