Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Virtual Workspace if is not an company machine

smagra_complus_
New Contributor

Secure Virtual Workspace if is not an company machine

Hi all,

I'm using IVE 6.3 (the latest release) We need to configure the following:

- If the machine pertains to the company, a company user acceses with a default login page to its resources

- If the machine is not from the company (kiosk machine, public machine, etc) the same user acceses to the resources with Secure Virtual Workspace.

The company machine is identified through a registry key that the host checker seeks.

How can this be configured?

Thanks and Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Secure Virtual Workspace if is not an company machine

Well you could define a host check policy to validate whether or not it is a company machine, define an SVM policy and then create a role uses the restriction capability to force them into SVM if they pass (IE - don't have the reg setting in place).

That is off the top of my head very early Friday morning Smiley Happy

smagra_complus_
New Contributor

Kevin,

I tried that you suggest, but maybe I'm wrong because the bookmarks page open on my real desktop instead my Secure Virtual Workspace.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks and Best regards
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

I would create a new role in a test realm - validate that you can get SVW working as the default selection for that role. I am on the road and don't have admin access to my SSL box (forgot my stupid token generator) so can't look at an example. But you need to make sure that you setup the role restrictions to have SVW invoked. Turn on policy trace also to see what is going on.

If you getare still stuck I can send some screen shots from my config when I am back on the office on Monday.

smagra_complus_
New Contributor

Muttbarker, It will be useful if you can post these screenshots because I tried and cannot make it work. I am receiveing the bookmarks outside of the SVW.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Sergio

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Sure - will try and post something by the end of today.
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Hey Sergio - take a look at this wordpad doc.