cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Virtual Workspace support for 64bit Windows 7 machine?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Secure Virtual Workspace support for 64bit Windows 7 machine?

Hello!

I am trying to setup a Secure Virtual Workspace profile for users who will be accessing our SSL VPN from 64bit Windows 7 machines. Is this supported? I am currently using an SA2500 and SA4500 both upgraded to the latest 7.1R7. I have seen some Juniper documentation about XP and 2000 being the only supported OS's, but the documentation that I found is a few years old...

So the questions that I had were:

1 Does Secure Virtual Workspace support Windows 7 64bit?

2 If not, is there any expectation for it to support Windows 7 64bit in the future?

3 Is there any other way to accomplish the same kind of end-user control by using the SA4500 or SA2500?

Thanks for any help that you can give!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Secure Virtual Workspace support for 64bit Windows 7 machine?

After poking around some more, it seems to be the norm that if you use 32bit IE on a 64bit Win7 machine, it should work... Is this true? I just tried it to make sure and am still getting the: Reason: 'Secure Vitual Workspace client is currently not supported on 64-bit Windows.'. message on the user access logs. Am I configuring something incorrectly?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

x64 windows is not supported for SVW (see release notes). to have this looked at, please contact your account team.
Not applicable

64 bit Windows 7 is supprted in the release of 7.2,

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

SVW for 64 bit OS is supported since 7.2 IVE OS. Please ensure to download 7.2 R1.1 if you have the download of 7.2 R1 - as the first release 7.2 R1 has been recalled due to some known issues causing business impact for the customers.

We also recommend you to please go to the below thread which should be one among the first 3 threads all the time - when you come to forums.juniper.net

https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/139441-sa-72-features-at-a-glance-discuss-...

That thread should have many new features which are being discussed. Please feel free to add your questions there.