Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure access 6500 upgrade info

SOLVED
DrNoob83_
Not applicable

Secure access 6500 upgrade info

hello everyone,

i got 2 SA6500 in active/passive mode and i want to upgrade from 7.4 to 8. 

It is the 1st time for me to upgrade juniper and i already got the official documentation... but there's something i should look at who can cause very big problem?i got a very big enviroment (2.5k machines multi vendor and multi technologies)

and...

witch one is the best way to give the less disservice possible? if i read manual well i should update at 1st the passive so the cluster will be disbanded and then the this one became the active...then i update the one who was active before....right?

sorry for this little crazy post Smiley Happy just wanna learn a lot and do things very well...

thx 

andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Secure access 6500 upgrade info

Yes, the recommendation is to upgrade the passive device once.  Once the upgrade is complete, it will attempt to upgrade the active device.  During this time, it will failover the vip to the other device.  This will cause a temporary disruption as end user sessions will be migrated to the other device.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kita_
Valued Contributor

Re: Secure access 6500 upgrade info

Yes, the recommendation is to upgrade the passive device once.  Once the upgrade is complete, it will attempt to upgrade the active device.  During this time, it will failover the vip to the other device.  This will cause a temporary disruption as end user sessions will be migrated to the other device.