cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure meeting Broke on 7.4R7

Highlighted
Contributor

Secure meeting Broke on 7.4R7

Installed 7.4.R7 and since then Secure meeting is totally broken. Users can't see other users, you get disconnected in seconds. Total disaster. Anyone else experience this?

Had my users uninstall all Juniper components and try again but same issue.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Secure meeting Broke on 7.4R7

I doubt it will work with 7.4r8 as the fix is for java delivery.

Opening a jtac ticket is recommended if 7.4r8 does not work.

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

The versions having the fix  7.3r91,7.4r8 and 8.0r1.1 are now available for download on the support site.

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
Super Contributor

That is good to know.

Hope everything goes well.

Regards,

jay

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Maybe the active x failed and it tried to use java though java is not installed.

Client side debug log can help, we need to look for :

00168,09 2013/12/17 10:46:47.751 3 XXXX JuniperSetupClient.exe JuniperSetupClient p1936 tD2C dsSetupParameters.cpp:84 - 'DSSetupParameters::getParameter()' Requester=java

Regards,

Jay

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi

According to that kb, this issue only occurs if Java is used to start or enter a meeting, but not if ActiveX is used.

I have justed tested this with Win7, 32 Bit,  IE 10 and ActiveX enabled (no Java installed at all) and.....same error.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Jay, 

I have just updated to 7.4R8 and everything seems fine so far.

Tested with Win 7, IE (without Java installed) and Win 7, Firefox and Java 7U45.

Highlighted
Contributor

@jayLaiz wrote:

Maybe the active x failed and it tried to use java though java is not installed.

Client side debug log can help, we need to look for :

00168,09 2013/12/17 10:46:47.751 3 XXXX JuniperSetupClient.exe JuniperSetupClient p1936 tD2C dsSetupParameters.cpp:84 - 'DSSetupParameters::getParameter()' Requester=java

Regards,

Jay

Hi Jay, 

Debuglog says:

00170,09 2014/01/06 08:42:30.420 3 xxxxx JuniperSetupClient.exe JuniperSetupClient p2832 t938 dsSetupParameters.cpp:84 - 'DSSetupParameters::getParameter()' Requester=activex

Well....I will update to 7.4R8. Maybe it helps.If not, I will open a ticket.

Regards, 

Marc

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes, we are receiving reports with Junos Pulse Collaboration after upgrading to 7.4R7.  Please open a JTAC ticket if you have not already done so. 

I will attempt to update this thread as we get further details and fixes.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Any updates on Secure Meeting in 7.4R7?  Any workarounds or ETA for a fix?

Was actually looking at upgrading to 7.4R7 in the coming weeks to obtain Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 support but don't want to loose a stable Secure Meeting for that support as it hasn't become much of a topic yet.