Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server 2012 R2 RDS Load balanced Connection broker

Highlighted
New Contributor

Server 2012 R2 RDS Load balanced Connection broker

Hi,

We deployed a server 2012 R2 RDS farm containing some session hosts and two session brokers.
The sessionbrokers are use for load balancing and are in High Availability mode.
We created a Remote Desktop session collectionm which provides a desktop for our users.
For now we did not configure a RDS Access Gateway server. We hoped that the Pulse secure couldt forfill this function.

Within our internal network we are using the .rdp connection file from the WebAccess server to connect to out farm.
We must use this .rdp connection file, because it contains some loadbalanceinfo.

When we use the terminal server option in our Pulse Secure appliance, the desktop of the active broker server is presented instead of the desktop of one of our sessionhosts. What must we do to give our users access to the sessionhostfarm , using the Connectoin Brokers ?
Does Pulse support the use of session brokers ?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Server 2012 R2 RDS Load balanced Connection broker

If the .rdp file is needed, and it is expected to be presented to users, this is supported through the use of WSAM (legacy or Pulse) or an L3 connection.
The terminal service bookmark does not work with connection brokers.
For this feature, I would recommend contacting your account team and ask for an enhancement request
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Zanyterp,

Thank you for responding !
So, as I understand from your reply, it's not possible to use bookmarks to connect to our Connection Broker servers. Do you mean that it's not possible at all, or do we need (to buy) additional functionality/ licenses to get it to work ?
Do you know if we can put a RDS Gateway server in place and publish that server as a bookmark on our Pulse Secure webpage, so that users can connect to the farm using the Gateway server ?

Thanks in advance !
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hello Slager,

Did you find a solution?

Jerry B
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I have spoke to someone of Pulse support and the guy told me that it's just not possible to include loadbalanceinformation to your connection. So, if you want to use RDS broker functionality, you must use VPN.
Ít's a bit disapointing that i'm not able to use bookmarks for it, but this is what it is. The guy could not tell me if the functionality will be included future releases.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

This support is coming to Pulse sometime after new year.

You can only access Windows 2008 R2 for now (and older).

Microsoft has/will release support for RDS access with pure Html5 sessions in their Windows 2016 servers. MAybe this can solve your problem if you cant wait maybe 3-6 month.

Br

Mikael