cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing SSL VPN connection via WiFi from Windows Notebook PC?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Sharing SSL VPN connection via WiFi from Windows Notebook PC?

I have Juniper VPN on my notebook PC to access our company network.

I Need to be able to share that VPN connection via WiFi with my iPhone to access our servers. We've tried Junos Pulse and that won't work due to host information that is not on the iPhone.

What steps do I need to take to basically have my notebook be a WiFi hotspot while it is connected through the Juniper VPN and route my iphone traffic over the VPN. I've tried a few things in Win7 network sharing, but with no success.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Sharing SSL VPN connection via WiFi from Windows Notebook PC?

Are you connected via ethernet?  I do not think is something we officially tested and would require an enhancement request.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So, basically you are trying to use the VPN connection on your laptop to bridge between an unsecure device on an unsecure network and your secure corporate network, bypassing any host checker validation/enforcement on your mobile device in the process. Most companies would frown on such behaviour if not outright prohibit it. There is a reason why split-tunnel connections are disabled by default.

Highlighted

I am not aware of a way to have a laptop act as a hot spot.
More importantly, as braker & kita indicated, this is not expected to be supported (either corporate or support-wise).