cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds while connected to PSA7000c

Highlighted
New Contributor

Slow Speeds while connected to PSA7000c

I realize there have been many posts on this but i have yet to find an article that is able to help me out and fix the issue. We have a PSA7000C that is connected to 10GB network through our entire datacenter. I'm the admin of the VPN and i have 1GB download and 1GB upload speeds at home. While i would expect some overhead due to encryption I would still expect some speeds to still be higher up.

While connected speedtest show around 50mbps and copying files from a file server onsite to my laptop that is wired in at home and connected it copies from anywhere to 50KB/s to 1MB/s.

We are trying to push out some files/software to remote laptops but with 50KB/s while connected to pulse. I changed our encryption to AES128/SHA1 to see if there would be any speed increase and did not see any increase in speeds. Enable GZIP compression is unchecked(Although I haven't checked it and tried it since it requires a restart of the device). Bandwidth managment is not enabled. Just trying to find out anything else we can try to get bandwidth up to decent speeds.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Slow Speeds while connected to PSA7000c

Is it full tunnel or split tunnel? I believe it's full tunnel, as you said about the speedtest result being 50mbps after connecting to VPN and max. 1MB/s is what you get when connected using wired connection?

Howz the download speed when you try to download some data from public servers like Google drive, onedrive, etc.?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

It's full tunnel. Downloading files from public servers average about 500KB/s so about 35 or so minutes to download a 1GB file. Granted this is not a good test since outbound traffic goes through an proxy server which is not 10GB so I'm expecting our downloads from external sites to be slower.

To be clear when i say wired i meant wired at home just wanted to state that wireless is not in this picture. Wired at home connected to our pulse secure appliance. 

Just going off the hardware sheet ESP mode for a PSA 7000c says ideally it should have 4.2gbps throughput in ESP mode(which we do have setup with ports opened). 

I do have a case opened just wanted to post on here and see if anyone has any ideas while I'm waiting for a response.

Thank you for the response. what's the MTU value set on the Internal and External port of the PSA7000c?

Intranet traffic would not be proxied?

Can you please provide the Pulse Client logs (normal level) for reviewing the connection parameters? Verify the loglevel -- file >> logs >> log.level >> normal and save the logs after few seconds being connected to VPN.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello,

We are having very similar issues to this and was wondering if a resolution was ever found? We are running a PSA7000f with average connected users around 450. We are noticing significant performance issues with file copies over the VPN (about 1-2Mbps download), as well as a ton of UDP packet loss when running iPerf tests from a client on the VPN to a server running on the corporate network. We cannot reach above 4Mbps when running iPerf UDP tests without significate packet loss.

We ran similar file copying tests and iPerf UDP tests while connected to a Forticlient VPN that connects back to the same datacenter our PSA7000f appliances and are seeing much better bandwidth. Can download UDP at 100Mbps without packet loss, compared to 4Mbps at about 30% loss on the Pulse VPN.

Has anyone been able to determine what could be causing these performance issues?