cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow VPN over wireless on one laptop, but not the other. Ideas?

BJ
New Contributor

Slow VPN over wireless on one laptop, but not the other. Ideas?

I am running Pulse Secure VPN to connect to a client's network from two different Windows 10 laptops.  On one (a cheap laptop from Best Buy), I get my full 200 Mbps download speed.  On the other (a brand new high end mobile workstation from my company), the download speed drops down to less than 1 Mbps.  Same Pulse Secure client.  Same configuration.  Same ports open.  I turned off the firewall and antivirus software.  As soon as I disconnect VPN, the speed goes back up to 200 Mbps.

Any ideas?  So far, the IT department from my company and my client's company have not been able to help.

3 REPLIES 3
BJ
New Contributor

Re: Slow VPN over wireless on one laptop, but not the other. Ideas?

I just determined this only occurs when connecting over wireless.  With a direct ethernet connection, I  am getting the full download speed through VPN.  So, why would VPN be slow only over wireless on one laptop, but not the other.  As far as I can tell, everything is configured exactly the same.

Highlighted

Hi @BJ ,

It sounds like something related to this article: https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB43833

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Ray.

in addition to the RSC recommendation from @Ray, are the drivers fully updated on both systems? we have seen (rare) instances of drivers not fully updated causing similar behavior