cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snow Leopard Network Connect Fix

JuniperEngineer_
New Contributor

Snow Leopard Network Connect Fix

It Seems that Snow Leopard has changes some of the internal structure of Network Connect and removed the frameworks directory as well as messing up the permissions where changed. I found this been tweeted around as a valid fix:

http://www.thevagary.net/archives/2009/08/make_network_connect_work_in_s.html

sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/[version number]/
sudo mkdir '/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks'
22 REPLIES 22
drkfiber_
Not applicable

Re: Snow Leopard Network Connect Fix

I had this issue as well, and changing these settings fixed it. Thanks!
McGugan_
New Contributor

Odd, I'm running version 6.3.0 and have applied this fix as noted. However, NC fails to connect acting as if it cannot resolve the hostname of the vpn gateway. Any pointers?

McGugan_
New Contributor

voila! it's now connecting, but dropping packets at about 40% instead of working well. any pointers on this one?
syntaxian_
Occasional Contributor

The permission fix and Frameworks directory work in 32 bit mode but does anywone have a fix for 64bit mode. Network Connect just spins and spins without initiating the tunnel. Snow does NOT run in 64 bit by default, only server does. You must hold down numbers 6 and 4 on boot to initiate it or modify a file to do it by default.
Subhro_
New Contributor

Works perfectly.
syntaxian_
Occasional Contributor

@ Subhro

Did you get it working with 64bit?

KuJo_
Not applicable

This works great if you already had Network Connect installed, but what about new installs?

I have several users that recently upgraded to Snow Leopard but cannot even install Network Connect when using the SSL VPN for the first time on their systems. Is there any planned workaround, or anything I can do to get it to install in the first place? The commands above obviously don't work if it isn't installed already.

Thanks!

syntaxian_
Occasional Contributor

KuJo,

I was able to uninstall and reinstall NC on my two Snow Leopard installs without problems. I even ran application cleaners before I reinstalled each time. I did not try in 64bit mode though. I don't know if your friends are running into the problem trying to install NC in 64bit mode.

I always hade to do the permissions fix and add the one directory to get it to work though. I'm on NC 6.4.0 if it helps.

Update: I did install NC with the standalone installer. You can download it from the from Maintenance section way at the bottom, then System --->Installers and Choose your desired OS version for NC.

I hope this helps.

Message Edited by syntaxian on 09-08-2009 08:14 AM
Message Edited by syntaxian on 09-08-2009 08:17 AM
jwhitley_
New Contributor

Hmm.. no luck here with NC 6.3.0 and Snow Leopard on a 32-bit kernel. The workaround didn't help (though the permissions were munged and the Frameworks directory were missing as described). I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Network Connect, and re-doing the workaround steps... no luck there either.

Similarly to another user, NC appears to hang after I've logged in and just before the tunnel would be established.